- In order for a student to receive educational accommodations, he or she must have an official diagnosis from a Comprehensive Psychoeducational Evaluation performed by a licensed psychologist.
- Parents may seek this evaluation through a private licensed psychologist or through the Walton Board of Education.
- A copy of your child’s evaluation must be summitted to the PARC Director.
- If you feel accommodations would benefit your child, please contact the Director of the PARC Doretta Power.
Eligibility for Accommodations
- A current psycho-educational evaluation verifying the need for accommodations must be authorized by the Director of the PARC
- The evaluation must be current (ADHD/3yrs, LD/5yrs)
- Students treated for ADHD or Anxiety by a physician without a comprehensive evaluation will have access only to testing accommodations. A physician's note will need to be updated annually.
- A 504 plan and/or I.E.P. are not used in lieu of a comprehensive psychological educational evaluation.
Procedures for Accommodations
- Once a student is eligible, a written Student Success Plan (SSP) is prepared by the Director and the Academic Coaches.
- This plan will be shared with parents and once agreed upon will serve as a guide for implementation of accommodations.
- Academic coaches and classroom teachers will work together to provide accommodations to meet the individual needs of the student.
- A copy of the student's psychological educational evaluation should be submitted to the Director of the PARC Doretta Power. Evaluations are handled with the utmost confidentiality.
- GWA will facilitate as much as possible when seeking or updating an evaluation.
- The PARC will notify the parent when the student’s evaluation is six months from expiration. Once the evaluation expires, students are ineligible for academic coaches or accommodation unless “in-process” evaluation documentation is provided.
- When seeking or updating a comprehensive evaluation, whether through Walton County or a private practice, any evaluation process started after May 15, is subject to be completed the following fall.
** Note: In order to provide unbiased information, it is George Walton Academy’s policy that rating and/or survey scales, such as BRIEF, BASC, etc. will be faxed or mailed only to the evaluator.