The role of the George Walton Academy Student Council is to promote the interests of the school and encourage the involvement of students in the affairs of the school, in cooperation with the board, parents, and teachers. Student council seeks to build responsible leaders within our school community and to promote interest in school-wide activities. In order to run for a position on student council, students must meet the following qualifications:
Students must have received and returned a contract for the next academic school year
Students must obtain an overall B average
Students must be in good standing with all faculty members
All financial obligations to George Walton Academy must be current.
Club activities include Homecoming, Prom, Blood Drives, Tailgates, Friday Night Lights, and Paws for a Cause.
Elections are held in April.
In order to run for a position on student council, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Students must have received and returned a contract for the next academic school year.
- Students must obtain an overall B average.
- Students must be in good standing with all faculty members.
- All financial obligations to George Walton Academy must be current.
- If elected to student council, you will be required to attend the following mandatory functions, events, etc.:
- All meetings: Meetings will be held on a regular basis. Meetings are normally held the 1st Tuesday of every month for Executive Council and the 1st Wednesday of every month for all council members. Meetings are at 7:45 A.M. in Wrynn Carson’s classroom. Meeting reminders are sent using Remind 101. Meetings are also announced during morning and afternoon announcements. After two missed meetings, you will be placed on probation. After a third missed meeting, you will be asked to resign your position on student council. Three times late to a meeting constitutes an absence.
- Mandatory events: All student council members MUST be present for the following events:
- Leadership training session
- Homecoming- Each member is required to decorate as well as take down decorations. There will be hours/days set aside for each
- Dawgs Unleashed 5k run and festival. We will assist with the 5K run as well as have activities for kids to enjoy. Canned Food Drive- Set-up and promote this worthy cause. Collect cans from each homeroom and place in the buckets in the front of the school.
- Juniors are required to meet and plan for the Jr. /Sr. Prom.
- Student council sponsors class competitions. You are expected to assist with some of these as well.
Complete the online application below
Once you complete the online application, you will be directed to a form to print and sign (your parents will need to sign it too.) Applications are due no later than April 25th at 3 p.m.