K5 Teaching Assistant
George Walton Academy (GWA) is an independent, coeducational college-preparatory school serving students from pre-Kindergarten through twelfth grade. GWA is located on 61 acres in Monroe, Georgia, which is about 50 minutes east of Atlanta and 25 minutes outside of Athens.
GWA provides challenging instruction, engaging experiences, and global perspectives designed to inspire lives of intellectual curiosity, integrity, and purpose.
GWA seeks an experienced K5 Teaching Assistant for the 2023-2024 school year.
The Kindergarten Teaching Assistant will:
• Assist the lead teacher in planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum that meets the needs of young children.
• Work collaboratively with the lead teacher and other assistants to create a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment for all children in the classroom.
• Provide support to the lead teacher in managing the classroom, communicating with parents and guardians, and documenting children's progress.
• Assist the lead teacher in planning and implementing curriculum for the classroom.
• Assist in preparing and maintaining the classroom environment, including setting up and cleaning up materials and supplies.
• Provide individual and small group support to children during classroom activities, such as circle time, centers, and outdoor play.
• Help supervise children during lunch, recess, and other daily routines.
• Assist in maintaining accurate records of children's progress and development, including anecdotal notes, work samples, and assessments.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school-related events.
• Assist the lead teacher in communicating with parents and guardians about their child's progress, behavior, and classroom activities.
• Adhere to all school policies and procedures, including those related to health and safety.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the lead teacher or school administration.
• High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor’s degree in early childhood education or related field preferred.
• Experience working with young children in a preschool or kindergarten setting.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others and build positive relationships with children, families, and colleagues.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to Jeanie Beach, HR / Benefits Manager at email@example.com.