Client Services Engineer
George Walton Academy (GWA) is an independent, Pre-K-12, independent, college-preparatory school located on 62 beautiful acres in Monroe, Georgia, less than one hour from the state capitol of Atlanta. GWA provides challenging instruction, engaging experiences, and global perspectives designed to inspire lives of intellectual curiosity, integrity, and purpose.
Position: Client Services Engineer
The successful candidate will assume one of the most highly-visible roles on the GWA campus and will be responsible for providing in-person technology support on campus. This is an opportunity to gain workstream leadership experience and facilitate the educational process at one of the finest private K-12 academies in the region.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Technology Director
Operational Responsibilities Overview:
• Take the lead role in enhancing the end-user experience by providing in-person, on-site support for all GWA-owned user devices (e.g., Windows/Mac desktops & laptops, Chromebooks, projectors, TV’s, etc.) and effectively manage the timely resolution of all desktop issues
• Lead the installation/configuration/maintenance/troubleshooting for all end-user hardware, peripheral devices and campus copy machines
• Liaise with third-party software/hardware/copier equipment vendors
• Lead the administration & support for Google G Suite user accounts, Google Classroom and other classroom technologies
• Lead the support/administration of LanSchool Classroom Management
• Lead all student/faculty onboarding activities in close coordination with the GWA Education Technology Specialist, the Registrar, and the Admissions Director
• Participate in the administration of GWA’s Bark software and liaise with GWA leadership and counselors when significant events are discovered
• Participate in the administration/support of GWA’s carpool apps and services
• As instructed by the Technology Director, participate in the administration of O365 user accounts, SonicWall firewall rule creation, administration of GWA campus wireless access and the on-premise printing server application
• Setup appropriate technology hardware/software/device configuration and setup for GWA events (i.e., graduations, gala, sporting events, sound mixing boards, scoreboards, etc.)
• Provide first-level support & troubleshooting of potential network connectivity (e.g., cabling & wireless) issues
• Participate in the management/training/mentoring of GWA student interns and delegate projects/tasks which are commensurate with the student’s skill levels
• As instructed by the Technology Director, install/replace/clean campus access points, security cameras, peer-to-peer wireless devices, projector bulbs, televisions, smartboards, etc. – note that some of these activities may involve the use of ladders and/or a scissor-lift
• As needed, provide technical guidance to the GWA E-sports team
• Take delivery of incoming technology shipments and pack/ship outgoing hardware items – note that in some of these activities may require lifting and/or maneuvering heavy objects
• As needed, assist in the administration of campus signage (i.e., athletic scoreboards, front/rear entry signs, time/temperature sensors, etc.) and liaise with manufacturer support representatives
• As needed, participate in the administration of FACTS cloud service and account maintenance
• Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations
• Assist in the development of long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and organizational hardware needs
• Create and maintain an inventory management system for all GWA-owned user assets
• Proactively develop scripts to automate repetitious, manual tasks (i.e., user onboarding activities, device provisioning
• Collaborate with IT Director and Educational Technology Specialist in the development of long-term solution strategies, capacity planning, and key performance metrics to evolve GWA’s technology footprint
• Collaborate with Technology team members to maintain efficient operation of the organization's desktop computing environment
• Periodically liaise with Director of Admissions and/or Registrar regarding student account setup
• Other tasks as assigned by the GWA Technology Director
Desired Training and Work Experience
Candidates will be expected to possess exemplary interpersonal communication skills, well-seasoned troubleshooting abilities, a high level of professional maturity, and the presence of mind to improvise, adapt, and overcome all challenges.
• 3-5 years of experience providing onsite customer-facing technology support
• Strong ability to resolve complex technical issues with minimal supervision and/or guidance
• Strong knowledge of common networking protocols (i.e., TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
• Experience the deployment and administration of Office 365 applications
• Current knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10/11, Apple OSX, and Chrome OS, Apple IOS
• Previous experience with Google Workspace administration and Google Classroom strongly preferred
Assessment: Performance of this job will be assessed annually.
Salary: Commensurate with work experience and skills.
Start Date: Immediately
Please send cover letter and resume to HR / Benefits Manager, Jeanie Beach at firstname.lastname@example.org.