The mission of George Walton Academy, a college preparatory school, is to prepare students to become contributing citizens in a global society by promoting intellectual, physical, artistic and ethical excellence.
- Judeo-Christian values while respecting the heritage and beliefs of others.
- All students have the right to receive an education in a safe, supportive and nurturing environment.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual abilities.
- In fostering students' critical thinking skills, academic talents and creativity.
- That promoting positive relationships and mutual respect is a responsibility of all students, staff and parents.
- Students should learn the value of taking personal responsibility for their work, actions and educational development.
- Students should demonstrate their understanding of essential knowledge and skills.
- That instruction should reflect innovative teaching methods and technology.
- Learning is a lifelong process.